The popularity of micro-veggies is not without reason. At ADI we've discovered the health benefits and experimented with the amazing ways they can be incorporated into your diet to make great tasting meals.
Curated especially for you, we have included the benefits of 5 types of micro-veggies along with some easy uses for when you don't know what to eat for lunch.
1. Arugula: An excellent source of fiber and antioxidants that benefit your healthy bones and skin, arugula can be roasted with a pot of vegetables drizzled with olive oil and pepper to add some tangy flavor to a great appetizer!
2. Broccoli Sprouts: Broccoli sprouts have powerful antioxidants that help strengthen the immune system and also contain sulforaphane, which helps prevent cancer. Check out the Micro-veggies Energy Salad recipe from our last blog post to see how you can incorporate broccoli sprouts into your diet!
3. Cilantro: Cilantro is high in antioxidants and may help improve sleep quality and lower anxiety. Add some cilantro to a freshly made guacamole, to give it a kick of flavor or sprinkle it on some carne asada or fish tacos!
4. Kale: This micro-veggie has been growing in popularity and a lot of it has to do with the fact that it is low in calories and lutein-rich, which facilitates eye health. It can be chopped up and mixed with your favorite ingredients to be included in a tasty salad. Alternatively, if you are one who thinks kale has a slightly bitter aftertaste, you can juice it up with a mix of apples, carrot, lettuce, honey, and lemon for a boost of antioxidants!
5. Spinach: Chock full of protein, vitamins, and iron, spinach is a favorite amongst the ADI team. For a special twist, buy or make your own tortilla corn or flour chips and dip them into a delicious spinach and artichoke dip. Another idea is to add handfuls of spinach to your favorite casserole for added nutrition and flavor.
We hope we have provided you with some inspiration to get started in your own kitchen!
There are many more types of micro-veggies out there that will leave you dozens of food options to try out. Be creative and share with us in the comments below what your favorite micro-veggies are to use!